Author Topic: EasyOS version 0.9.8 released  (Read 1612 times)

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
Re: EasyOS version 0.9.8 released
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 10:17:09 PM »

space fail on sda6 cant sfsget download xenialpup sfs
tried to upload this in imgbb.com from its location in /root but seamonkey in container was having none of it
opened www icon not locked and it too was nogo
closed both of the seamonkeys the did another www icon not in container and got the upload
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:51:27 PM by aarf the dog hater »

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 10:48:47 PM »
try a wget in 098
# wget -4c https://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/amd64/packages/sfs/puppy/ubuntu/xenial/xenialpup_7.5_amd64.sfs
--2018-11-16 12:45:36--  https://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/amd64/packages/sfs/puppy/ubuntu/xenial/xenialpup_7.5_amd64.sfs
Resolving distro.ibiblio.org... 152.19.134.43
Connecting to distro.ibiblio.org|152.19.134.43|:443... connected.
ERROR: The certificate of ‘distro.ibiblio.org’ is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate of ‘distro.ibiblio.org’ hasn't got a known issuer.
#
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:50:55 PM by aarf the dog hater »

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 12:44:57 AM »
curl is got it with
-k option

# curl -o xenialpup_7.5_amd64.sfs -k   https://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/amd64/packages/sfs/puppy/ubuntu/xenial/xenialpup_7.5_amd64.sfs
into /root/Downloads folder so there was space available.
no md5sum available to check it

edit : there is a sha256 hash in the .specs file
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:40:29 AM by aarf the dog hater »

Rameshiyer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 01:15:42 AM »
Sound is not working properly. Voice is very low.

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 02:06:35 AM »
SFS pet manager shows Chromium already download. How to install the same with or without containe. Now not showing any install option. How to choose to run in a  new container. Download chromium SFS already available however not installed. Please help me Sir. My install is full install.(internal hard-disk method)

There are some aspects of the GUI management that are not yet handled. In your case, go to /mnt/wkg/sfs/easyos/oe/pyro and delete chromium_69.0.3497.100-bk3_amd64.sfs

Do not delete the .specs and .png files.

Then run "sfsget" again (icon on desktop).

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 04:38:57 AM »
There was one report of the Internet disconnecting when a container was killed. I think the person was using firefox.

Anyway, yes, THIS IS A BUG!

Killing a container also kills 'dhcpcd', the DHCP client daemon, which disables the Internet.

NetworkManager does not bring it back up automatically, although NM is in control of dhcpcd.

If for example, your interface is 'eth0', then just bring it down, pause a few seconds, then bring it up again:

# ifonfig eth0 down
# ifconfig eth0 up

This kicks NM into action and it launches dhcpcd again.

I think that I know a fix, will look into it tomorrow morning.

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 05:24:46 AM »

xenialpup downloaded with curl
so got xenialpup into the right place and the gui big green tick says it is downloaded
but
thats as far as i can get
dont know how to proceed get to desktop icon with xenialpup in a container

edit: if i delete the xenialpup.sfs and start again it will say partition full
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:47:42 AM by aarf the dog hater »

Rameshiyer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 06:20:02 AM »
Sir
Another issue is that there's problem in new network manager. Stastic connection. Many times it gets disconnected. Need configuration again. Another issue about. Not having enough sound. Very low volume. 
As regards Chromium install, I will try again as advised by you. Thank you so much for timely response.

scsijon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2018, 05:21:00 PM »
Nightly firefox problem.

I couldn't delete the ffox container through setup> sfsget, it gave warnings relating to RO files and directories and errored/bombed out. Finally got rid of it manually by firstly unloading it with  System> Bootmanager Configure bootup> Load extra SFS in containers button> Choose container to manage> and Delete Container (which brings up a easy missable and hard to read box, as it has no border and is the same colours as the page behind it)>  Easy Containers: delete box. This doesn't seem to actually delete the container or ffox's sfs, just the icon on jwm. You then still need to manually delete the ffox container under /containers and the ffox sfs from the sfs directory /sfs/easyos/oe/pyro to get rid of it. Since it was installed via sfsget I sort of expected to get rid of it the same way, maybe i'm just use to the way petget works too well.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:53:27 PM by scsijon »

scsijon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »
Also tried to create a new (empty) container through Easy Container Management> Create box. Sorry barry but I couldn't work out how to name a new one (for a yet uncreated package) to build in? Is there some instructions available as I wanted to try to build something since you have qt5 in the build. And even using expert and the help '?''s I couldn't see how. I thought you could use the container management to build the container and then build the new application in it, so you could totally isolate the application and its build system parts/steps from the overall 'world'.

And of course I do want to build a nano-x sfs for easy.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:00:12 PM by scsijon »

scsijon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2018, 05:41:36 PM »
And a third (doing them separate for ease of process as they really are different problem topics).

On a fresh stick build and different workstation, I tried to connect to the internet and it refused. A little looking made me understand it was trying to connect via wifi, not my ethernet port to the outside world. I had to use the nmtui NetworkManager TUI program to Edit a connection> Delete the WIFI connection shown (which doesn't actually exist on the box the memory stick was plugged into)>  back out 1 level> Pick add (need to move the tab or up/down arrows for a red box to be displayed first for some reason with each new screen displayed) so it could display a menu containing Ethernet> Pick that and tab to ok (ignoring the rest) to add the correct connection.

There is also a dir2sfs problem i've added in the apps sub-forum
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:27:40 PM by scsijon »

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2018, 02:11:05 AM »
There was one report of the Internet disconnecting when a container was killed. I think the person was using firefox.

Anyway, yes, THIS IS A BUG!

Killing a container also kills 'dhcpcd', the DHCP client daemon, which disables the Internet.

NetworkManager does not bring it back up automatically, although NM is in control of dhcpcd.

If for example, your interface is 'eth0', then just bring it down, pause a few seconds, then bring it up again:

# ifonfig eth0 down
# ifconfig eth0 up

This kicks NM into action and it launches dhcpcd again.

I think that I know a fix, will look into it tomorrow morning.

Fixed, see:

http://bkhome.org/news/201811/networkmanager-1144-and-container-bug-fixed.html

fix will be in 0.9.9.

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2018, 02:17:07 AM »
Nightly firefox problem.

I couldn't delete the ffox container through setup> sfsget, it gave warnings relating to RO files and directories and errored/bombed out. Finally got rid of it manually by firstly unloading it with  System> Bootmanager Configure bootup> Load extra SFS in containers button> Choose container to manage> and Delete Container (which brings up a easy missable and hard to read box, as it has no border and is the same colours as the page behind it)>  Easy Containers: delete box. This doesn't seem to actually delete the container or ffox's sfs, just the icon on jwm. You then still need to manually delete the ffox container under /containers and the ffox sfs from the sfs directory /sfs/easyos/oe/pyro to get rid of it. Since it was installed via sfsget I sort of expected to get rid of it the same way, maybe i'm just use to the way petget works too well.

SFSget is currently only for installation, it is not aware of anything already installed.

To manage existing containers, including deletion:

menu --> Filesystem --> Easy Container Management

I have used this several times over the last few days, to delete containers, and it has worked fine. It also handles currently-running containers.

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2018, 02:20:33 AM »

xenialpup downloaded with curl
so got xenialpup into the right place and the gui big green tick says it is downloaded
but
thats as far as i can get
dont know how to proceed get to desktop icon with xenialpup in a container

edit: if i delete the xenialpup.sfs and start again it will say partition full

SFSget is in early stage of development, not aware of already-installed containers. You need to get it to start again -- delete /mnt/wkg/sfs/puppy/ubuntu/xenial/xenialpup_7.5_amd64.sfs, do not delete anything else. Then run sfsget.

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 02:22:37 AM »
Sir
Another issue is that there's problem in new network manager. Stastic connection. Many times it gets disconnected. Need configuration again. Another issue about. Not having enough sound. Very low volume. 
As regards Chromium install, I will try again as advised by you. Thank you so much for timely response.

Yes, as posted earlier, stopping a container kills the internet. For ethernet anyway.