Author Topic: EasyOS version 0.9.9 released  (Read 1752 times)

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
EasyOS version 0.9.9 released
« on: November 23, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
Re: EasyOS version 0.9.9 released
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 12:18:09 AM »
<place holder> lol
md5sum ok
frugality into folder on sda
booted wifi connected with default connector posted this from seamonkey not in container

even though now there is an easy.sfs there is still a initrid.q and a Q_DISTRO_VERSION=0.9.9 in bootspecs file :)
taking a break before attempting to download xenalpup to boot in container
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:06:44 AM by aarf the dog hater »

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 01:36:11 AM »

didnt download it just copied the whole ubuntu folder from 098 where i had curl downloaded it previousy . 099 doesnt have an ubuntu folder
posted from xenialpup which uses the original wifi connection no need to make a new connection in xenialpup.
up arrow in xenialpup is opening screeny07 instead of going up . other than that seems ok
<going to put image of new sfsget with install button here when i go back to  easyos
ok here it is >

can switch back and forth between xenialpup and easyos without problem.
so success. over and out for now
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:50:47 AM by aarf the dog hater »

scsijon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 09:12:48 PM »
Not sure why, but the temp gauge in the Tray is sitting HOT at 48/49deg and I can hear the fan spinning fairly fast, should be the low 30's as in the past.
Not a good thing for an old system.

Oh, and please, can we have somewhere other than google being pinged at startup. I think there are enough of us with a dislike of that idea to at least be considered, thanks.

And i'm still getting that "Failed to open VDPAU Backend libvdpau_i965.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" in the xerrs.log, in fact I can't find a libvdpau_i965.so file with a full search. Was the package missed or should it be a link to libvdpau.so.1 in /usr/lib and there is no /usr/lib/libvdpau.so either?

EDIT: Tried an old stick with 0.9.6 on it and it runs 37deg on startup then drops after a few seconds to 32deg, so something has changed to up the temp.

AND, i was downloading the devx for 0.9.9, but it seems to have downloaded them all, in /sfs/easyos/oe/pyro I have .specs and the sfs files for chromium_69.0.3497.100-bk4_amd64, devx_0.9.9_amd64, easy_0.0.0_amd64, firefox_60.0.1_amd64, kernel_4.14.81-p1_src and rustc_1.2.6.0_amd64. ???oops??? ir were they included in the img?

Temp in the tray has finally dropped to stabalize at 48deg while writing this message (38min overall) and it was doing nothing other than downloading.

EDIT2: yeah, downloading ups it by a degree to 49, stopping and letting it rest just drops it back to 48.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:02:56 PM by scsijon »

scsijon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »
After creating the two .so file links I mentioned as missing in the last message;

I did a full shutdown;

On power restart, it started rebuilding the easy.sfs (I had forgotten I set it to do this) but wondering why it's rebuilding it from xz to gz;

in xerrs.log the complaints re libvdpau arn't showing;

however i'm now getting>
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
server does not have extension for "r rate" option
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Can't open configured filke, deleting configuration file
"/sys/devices/platform/coretemp.0/hwmon/hwmon0/temp2_input" is written to :
/root/.config/pmcputemp
xf86: remove device 0 /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0
failed to find screen to remove

EDIT: BLAST, all I seem to have done is moved the vdpau errors to show up after the dvd is started, however i'm now getting a new error that may be of help.

After the "Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_i965.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" line
i'm now getting "vo_vdpau: Can't create vdp device : No vdpau implementation."

EDIT2: According to the vdpau page on wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU
The libvdpau standalone VDPAU library is distributed by Nvidia independently of their proprietary Linux graphics driver in an effort to help the adoption of VDPAU by those outside of Nvidia. This open source library package contains a wrapper library and a debugging library allowing other manufacturers to implement VDPAU in their device drivers.

website https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/VDPAU/. Although the last release 1.1.1 is 2015, I think they must be about to release another as there has been some work in the git in the last 5 days.

EDIT3: and there is a dir2sfs problem. so I updated the problem in apps with it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 05:59:32 PM by scsijon »

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »
i figure that easyos/quirky is sponsored by the american gun loby hence we have xsoldier in every release. i use the remove builtin packages to get rid of it.
ace of penguins, pipe-panic and klines-5ball-gtkballs are fine by me and i copy the folders for these into easyos since i cant install anything with package manager due to no space on partition error

ha ha ha pipe panic beat that
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:44:27 PM by aarf the dog hater »

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 01:41:12 AM »
was thinking Tor in a container would be nice, was going to try sometime but as others too think it would be nice will wait and see

GCMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »
Thanks BK. System is stable.

Kodi demo you provide is nice and in your blog you provide good explanation of the approach and feature of your SFS processing. (sent you a note on it)

I have no problem with your method of determining "Internet" presence and find your selection a good one as the remainder of us KNOW that your selection is one of the sites which is ALWAYS UP!

Thanks for what you share with us.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:30:11 PM by GCMartin »
Man's Best Friend is a partner companion. Do yourself a favor and get a PUP.

scsijon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
And, to be a nusance,

That Dissapearing CD icon from the desktop is still there, even when a cd is inserted in the drive if you accidentally right-click it once;

And I just realized that when using the tray button to turn off the internet connection, the red X (change of icon) isn't appearing.

GCMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »
Curious1: Should "EASY Version Control Utility" be expanded to do EASY version updating to either a new USB or the existing one?

Curious2: Consistent with ScsiJon's prior post, I wonder if @01Micko's LAN tray icon feature on the taskbar could be utilized in future EASY? It reports the current IP address in a mouse-over versus a CPU intensive click for a utility to do so.

Curious (Far-Future): Is the new WOOF & its DEVX a candidate for a container "for EASY/QUIRKY generation" where that service is outside of (separated from) the HOST's operations?

Lastly, related to the picture attached
Should the alert in the picture, attached to this post, be a message which times out?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:54:28 PM by GCMartin »
Man's Best Friend is a partner companion. Do yourself a favor and get a PUP.

rufwoof

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 12:33:43 PM »
Frugal boot 0.9.9
Start Easy Container ... as usual the ALT-F6 message appears in the centre of screen
Alt-F6 to main desktop
Connect Android phone via USB
Open Menu, Network, Easy Share network and printers
Check/tick the Android option and run Scan
Initially not found, but my phone prompts to activate Developer Mode (answer yes)
Rescan and finds the phone (I can then click the mount option and view the phones folders) ... but at that point, flipping back to the Easy Desktop container ... and the Alt-F6 message has disappeared. Would be nice if that persisted as it generally does as its a visual reminder you're running in a container.

Repeating ... and it looks like opening network shares restarts the firewall (ALT-F6 message still present), then it does a probe ... at which point the ALT-F6 message has gone.

Cursory glance through /usr/sbin/easyshare indicates some occurrences of killall popup ... one of which I suspect may also be killing the ALT-F6 message/popup ? Perhaps the Alt-F6 message needs to be something other than a popup message ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:07:31 PM by rufwoof »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq

rufwoof

• View Profile
Rollback depth
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 04:25:00 PM »
I'm running frugal with the default settings for Rollback (that shows 3). Yet I've created 6 rollbacks (7 in total including the first system created one) that seem to be preserved (sfs files in /mnt/sda1/easy/easy-0.9.9/releases/easy-0.9.9 i.e. doesn't seem to be removing the oldest versions to keep the maximum number down to 3. Or have I misunderstood the 'depth' value meaning?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq

Rameshiyer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 12:20:44 AM »
i have installed Firefox through SFSget and selected option  as Main file system. Rebooted the system. In the menu entry was created for Firefox with container symbol. . However, unable to launch even after clicking the menu entry with container symbol.  Also note that no desktop icon for Firefox was found. Likewise, tried to launch through command in console with container. No effect. Then tried in console without container. This time Firefox launched !.  As a trail and errors efforts, I have removed container (ch-root) something from Menu Entry. Now Firefox starting from Menu option !.

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 02:36:46 AM »
didnt download it just copied the whole ubuntu folder from 098 where i had curl downloaded it previousy . 099 doesnt have an ubuntu folder

Not good. I rebuilt all the sfs files for 0.9.9 release, as there were some changes to the internal meta-data inside the sfs.

BarryK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rollback depth
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 02:40:12 AM »
I'm running frugal with the default settings for Rollback (that shows 3). Yet I've created 6 rollbacks (7 in total including the first system created one) that seem to be preserved (sfs files in /mnt/sda1/easy/easy-0.9.9/releases/easy-0.9.9 i.e. doesn't seem to be removing the oldest versions to keep the maximum number down to 3. Or have I misunderstood the 'depth' value meaning?

Hmmm, something wrong there! Will check it out.