Author Topic: low screen brightness  (Read 251 times)

fabx

• View Profile
low screen brightness
« on: March 24, 2019, 11:34:45 AM »
this is my first post on the forum easy I installed easy with pendrive on my laptop sony vaio vpceb1j1e,I'have to finish configuring it but I realized that the brightness of the screen is low.as I can correct this? sorry for the trivial questions,but I don't know easy os and the linux world in general have patience. thank you in advance for the answers. regards

fabx

• View Profile
Re: low screen brightness
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 02:30:20 AM »
hello doing several tests to solve the low brightness of the screen I set xorg set up with vesa driver and it seems that I solved the problem but is there the possibility to adjust it via app on the desktop?

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
#!/bin/sh

activeOutput=$(xrandr | grep -e " connected [^(]" | sed -e "s/\([A-Z0-9]\+\) connected.*/\1/")
#manually edit the last number to the brightness number you want 1 is max, 0 is lowest brightness
 xrandr --output $activeOutput --brightness .35000000000000000000

aarf the dog hater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 09:06:58 PM »
if you need more info ask
used to have a gui but it became tedious
if you need several different brightness settings save several files with different names
if you really want a gui i can look for it

fabx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »
Hi, thank you for your interest I am taking the first steps with easy os and even with shell script I will try as soon as possible I will try the code posted by you. for now no gui brightness .thank you again, regard.